Discover more from The Morning Edge
35 One-Sentence Tips for Starting Your Day Well
Bite-sized tips on beginning your day in a healthy, happy and productive way.
Let’s face it, mornings can be hard work. Often we wake up feeling groggy and dread the day ahead.
However, it doesn’t have to be this way. You can build a new morning routine that will enable you to take control of your days and raise you to new heights.
Take your time to read and absorb the 35 ‘starting your day well’ tips below. If put into action daily, that can definitely change your life for the better.
1. Get sufficient sleep.
2. Wake up early.
3. Drink a glass of water.
4. Take a refreshing shower.
5. Meditate or pray before starting your day.
6. Eat a healthy and nutritious breakfast.
7. Give social media a miss first thing in the morning.
8. Get outside and exercise.
9. Take time to breathe in the morning air.
10. Take time to enjoy the morning light.
12. Listen to music that uplifts you.
14. Keep a journal where you write down all your thoughts, feelings and dreams.
15. Create a positive affirmation to remind yourself of what you want in life.
17. Spend some time relaxing, fun time with family and friends.
18. Make a list of clear goals for the day and work towards accomplishing as many as possible.
19. Arrive at work early so you can get a head start on the day.
20. Avoid negative thinking and focus on what you can control instead.
21. Carry a notepad with you so that you can record any flashes of inspiration that come your way throughout the day.
22. Practice humility and thankfulness every chance you get.
23. Live in the moment.
24. Strive to stay positive and upbeat all day long.
25. Make time each morning to reflect on your blessings.
26. Practice random acts of kindness.
27. Remind yourself that when things get tough in a morning they’re only temporary.
28. Defeat procrastination by making the necessary effort to get started on a task.
27. Stay hydrated by drinking water, herbal teas and fresh fruit juices.
28. Take regular breaks to maintain your focus and energy.
29. Be bold.
30. Do something different.
31. Say no when you need to.
32. Say yes when you need to.
33. Be patient and don't expect things to happen instantly.
34. Let go of negative thoughts and feelings and focus on positive ones.
35. Give yourself a reward for each accomplishment.
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading these 35 tips for starting your day well. And please — if you want to see positive changes in your life — start putting the tips into action in your life right now.
You can do this!
Thanks for reading The Morning Edge! Subscribe for free to receive new posts every Tuesday.