50 Inspiring Wake Up Early Quotes
Classic quotes to inspire and motivate you to help win the day.
I love reading classic quotes. Especially uplifting and motivating ones.
In this post, I’ve picked out my 50 favourite inspiring wake up early quotes — which I’m sure you’re also going to enjoy and benefit from.
Be inspired be people such as Rumi, Benjamin Franklin and Elon Musk.
Let’s jump straight in…
1. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” — Marcus Aurelius
2. “I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning.” — J. B. Priestley
3. “An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” — Henry David Thoreau
4. “I'm always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning. Every day I find something creative to do with my life.” — Miles Davis
5. “If you're changing the world, you're working on important things. You're excited to get up in the morning.” — Larry Page
6. “He, who every morning plans the transactions of the day, and follows that plan, carries a thread that will guide him through a labyrinth of the most busy life.” —Victor Hugo
7. “Every morning I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work.” — Robert Orben
8. “I'm a very early riser, and I don't like to miss that beautiful early morning light.” — David Hockney
9. “I never knew a man come to greatness or eminence who lay abed late in the morning.” — Jonathan Swift
10. “Arranging a bowl of flowers in the morning can give a sense of quiet in a crowded day — like writing a poem or saying a prayer.” — Anne Morrow Lindbergh
11. “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” — Wayne Huizenga
12. “You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction.” — George Horace Lorimer
13. “Your morning sets up the success of your day. So many people wake up and immediately check text messages, emails, and social media. I use my first hour awake for my morning routine of breakfast and meditation to prepare myself.” — Caroline Ghosn
14. “When you wake up each morning, you can choose to be happy or choose to be sad. Unless some terrible catastrophe has occurred the night before, it is pretty much up to you. Tomorrow morning, when the sun shines through your window, choose to make it a happy day.” — Lynda Resnick
15. “It is always with excitement that I wake up in the morning wondering what my intuition will toss up to me, like gifts from the sea. I work with it and rely on it. It's my partner.” — Jonas Salk
16. “My extravagance is my garden — it's the first thing I look at every morning when I wake up. It gives me so much pleasure.” — Ina Garten
17. “Writing about 2,000 words in three hours every morning, 'Casino Royale' dutifully produced itself. I wrote nothing and made no corrections until the book was finished. If I had looked back at what I had written the day before I might have despaired.” —Ian Fleming
18. “That nice, soft pillow and the warm blanket, and it's all comfortable, and no one wants to leave that comfort - but if you can wake up early in the morning, get a head start on everyone else that's still sleeping, get productive time doing things that you need to do - that's a huge piece to moving your life forward.” — Jocko Willink
19. “I get up at 7:30 and work four hours a day. Nine to twelve in the morning, five to six in the evening. Businessmen would achieve better results if they studied human metabolism. No one works well eight hours a day. No one ought to work more than four hours.” — Kurt Vonnegut
20. “There have to be reasons that you get up in the morning and you want to live. Why do you want to live? What's the point? What inspires you? What do you love about the future?” — Elon Musk
21. “No city should be too large for a man to walk out of in a morning.” — Cyril Connolly
22. “Almost every morning I write in my journal. I've been keeping it for a long time — I've filled more than 50 books. I write about what's going on in my personal and spiritual life or what's going on at work. It helps me keep things in perspective, especially when things get crazy or I get stressed or we have obstacles.” — Blake Mycoskie
23. “The great fun in my life has been getting up every morning and rushing to the typewriter because some new idea has hit me.” — Ray Bradbury
24. “Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.” — George Allen
25. “How we start our day determines how we create our life. Are you snoozing through your morning... snoozing through your life... and snoozing through your unlimited potential... Or are YOU committed to waking up each day with passion, purpose, and a plan so you can create the life you truly want and deserve?” — Hal Elrod
26. “The best thing about waking up early is seeing the sun rise.” — Bridgit Mendler
27. “It is well to be up before daybreak, for such habits contribute to health, wealth, and wisdom.” — Aristotle
28. “I would have it inscribed on the curtains of your bed and the walls of your chamber: If you do not rise early you can make progress in nothing." — William Pitt
29. “Early rising not only gives us more life in the same number of years, but adds, likewise, to their number; and not only enables us to enjoy more of existence in the same time, but increases also the measure.” — Charles Caleb Colton
30. “Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.” — Benjamin Franklin
31. “Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.” — Daniel Handler
32. “I don't have maids or servants, and my husband and I love waking up early and going to the 24-hour supermarket when there is nobody else there.” — Dolly Parton
33. “Go to bed early and wake up early. The morning hours are good.” ― Jeff Bezos
34. “Wake up; the world is waiting for your sunny energy. You are the inspiration for many.” ― Amit Ray
35. “If you want to change your entire life with one small change, wake up earlier.” — Allie Casazza
36. “Wake up early and tackle the day before it tackles you.” — Evan Carmicheal
37. “There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope.” —Bernard Williams
38. “An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” — Henry David Thoreau
39. “I used to love night best but the older I get the more treasures and hope and joy I find in mornings.” — Terri Guillemets
40. “The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don't go back to sleep.” — Rumi
41. “When you do something beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle, and yet most of the audience still sleeps.” — John Lennon
42. “The sun is a daily reminder that we too can rise again from the darkness, that we too can shine our own light.” — S. Ajna
43. “Your first ritual that you do during the day is the highest leveraged ritual, by far, because it has the effect of setting your mind, and setting the context, for the rest of your day.” — Eben Pagan
44. “Whether the day is for writing, designing, or painting, the consistent practice of a morning routine is the doorway into it all.” — Elle Luna
45. “Starting my day with exercise gives me a big mood and energy boost throughout the day and makes me feel like I’ve accomplished something right off the bat.” — Jake Knapp
46. “Mornings are so precious because it’s when I’m most productive. For me, thirty minutes at 5:30am is equivalent to at least an hour at 3pm.” — Whitney Johnson
47. “Front-loading my day (getting a whole bunch done in the morning) is my productivity secret.” — Celeste Headlee
48. “The silence in the morning holds lots of expectations and is more hopeful than the silence at night.” — Victoria Durnak
49. “Eating right and taking the time to slow down and plan in the morning is crucial to a productive day.” — David Moore
50. “I’ve found that the first thirty minutes of my day have the biggest impact on how I feel for the rest of my waking hours.” — Molli Sullivan
I really hope you’ve enjoyed these quotes, which I personally find incredibly inspiring and thought-provoking.
I recommend you copy your favourite quotes to a notepad or smartphone so you can read them every morning to help you win the day.
And please don’t forget to check out my other morning motivation posts.
Happy early waking!
Thanks for reading The Morning Edge! Subscribe for free to receive new posts every Monday and to support my work.